Establishing a Business Account
- Who can access the MNX?
The MNX is available to companies, individuals, research and educational institutions within the United States.
- Do MNX business accounts differ for companies, individuals, research and educational institutions?
- How can I establish a business account?
- Fill out the form on the New Business Account page. An MNX representative will follow up.
- Why do I need a business account and a user ID and how are they different?
Your user ID allows you limited access to our services. A business account is needed if you intend to submit a run for processing. Normally, your organization establishes the business account and you are listed as a user of that account.
- How many business accounts does each organization need?
Each organization only needs one business account. However, multiple accounts within one organization can be provided for larger organizations that have different departments or separate funding for projects within the organization. The MNX leaves this decision to the customer.
- How many people can use the same account?
The owner of the account can add as many users as they wish. If the users are not included when the account is initially established, the owner of the account should e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) a request to add users.
- What if I want to add or remove users from business account?
The account owner is the only person with permission to add or remove users to an account. The account owner should e-mail us (email@example.com) a request to remove users if any information needs to be updated.
- How do I know if someone else in my organization has already established an account?
The MNX treats all business accounts as confidential. Therefore the individual seeking this information will need to determine if a MEMS and Nanotechnology Exchange account already exists for the organization by checking internal sources. Alternatively, a new account can be established if internal sources are unable to provide this information.
- How will I know when my business account has been established?
When your account has been established, you will receive an e-mail from the MNX.
- What if contact information for the account should change?
The owner of the account is responsible for keeping all information regarding the account up-to-date. This includes adding and removing users. The account owner should e-mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) a request to update any account information.